Yes, you can access your online classes, and online tutoring sessions, from Apple or Android mobile devices (phones and tablets) by using the Blackboard Collaborate Mobile app.
From your device, access the appropriate online store to download and install the Blackboard Collaborate Mobile App
Once installed, you will be able to join various Blackboard Collaborate sessions on your mobile device simply by entering the Session URL and your Name. When accessing a Blackboard Collaborate session from within the Brightspace learning environment, the Session URL and Name will be automatically entered for you. For access to our online tutoring sessions, you will just need to enter your name and then your community in brackets, such as John Smith (Fogo Island).
You can do these tasks with the Blackboard Collaborate Mobile app.
- View the Whiteboard.
- View an Application on another user's desktop (providing the other user is sharing the application).
- Access to breakout rooms.
- Send and receive chat messages with the entire room.
- Listen to other speakers and speak to the room.
- Respond to polls.
Explore the app
Start with the main content screen and explore from there.
- Room options: Open the Room Options screen. From here, you can access the main room, breakout rooms, update your settings, and leave the session.
- Talk button: Tap the talk button to activate your microphone. The button depresses and shows a timer for a short time. When the microphone icon reappears in a down state, you can speak. If your microphone has been disabled, the Talk button appears with a line through it.
- Participants list: Open the Participants List to view who is in the session. On the iPad, the Participants list is open by default. Tap the recliner mode button to hide it.
- Main content area: The Main Content Area displays the visual content in the session. In this case, there is a Whiteboard page. The Content Area can also display an Application Share.
- Emoticons: Tap the emoticon button to select a graphic to express yourself. The graphic will display on the Participant list.
- Away: Tap the clock to place an (away) label beside your name in the Participant list. Tap the clock again to clear your away status. Your status will also be set to Away if you put your phone to sleep, access another app, or return to your phone's home screen while your talk button is set to OFF.
- Raise hand: Tap the hand to raise your hand and be placed into a queue. The number beside your hand indicates your place in the order based on when you raised your hand.
- Answer poll: Tap the check mark to respond to a polling question with one of the allowed responses as determined by the moderator, or to clear your current answer. In the menu that opens, tap the desired response.
- Show text chat history: Expands the text chat history of the session. On the iPad, the Text Chat history is always open.
- Chat: Tap the text box at the bottom of the Main Content screen. Your device's software keyboard opens. Type your message. Tap to publish your text chat message to the room and keep the keyboard open. Tap Done on the device keyboard to send the message to the room and close the keyboard.