Virtual Guidance Room *
This site has been organized to assist you with tools and information to help you throughout High School. Please take a browse through the tabs to familiarize yourself with the resources contained here.
About the Guidance Room
The development of a Guidance Room is an ongoing effort to continue to address the needs of students. The Room will be a source of information focusing on, but not limited to, three areas: Career Planning, Post Secondary Institution Information and Financial Planning. Students are encouraged to access the Guidance Room and avail fully of the services provided.
Mrs. Anne-Marie Dalley is available to assist students in any way to ensure they meet with success. Feel free to contact Mrs. Dalley by email (email@example.com) or at (709) 884-2632.
Hello, I'm Janice!
This is my first year as a Guidance Counsellor with CDLI. I am very fortunate to work in a position that connects me with students, schools and families across this great province from Nain all the way down to Trepassey! Every day as a counsellor is an adventure and I learn something new. Each day, I look forward to hearing from students and giving them the tools to succeed in ways that best suits them. If I can be of help to you, I encourage you to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
What do I do?
- Assist people to become their best selves
- Educate and advocate with the purpose of improving mental health literacy and eliminating stigma
- Work with students, parents and school staff to identify learning needs as well as personal needs, and design interventions to enhance individual student success
- Coordinate with community agencies to align individuals with resources
Who Am I?
- In my spare time, I’m a photographer, treasure hunter and chef
- I love to travel, go on adventures and explore new places
- I cherish my family, friends, and pets
- I am an active volunteer in my community
- I am a lifelong learner, proud nerd, and pun master
I hold a Masters of Education in Counselling Psychology from Memorial University. I am also a Professional Member of the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association, and possess a Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC) designation. The benefit of being aligned with this association is that it promotes professional accountability and visibility. In addition to this, the CCPA has developed the Continuing Education Credit (CEC) system, to recognize professional development activities and promote continuous education for counsellors.
Counselling is the skilled and principled use of relationships to facilitate self-knowledge, emotional acceptance, growth and the optimal development of personal resources. The overall aim of my work is to provide an opportunity for individuals to work towards living more satisfyingly and resourcefully. Counselling relationships will vary according to need but may be concerned with developmental issues, addressing and resolving specific problems, making decisions, coping with crisis, developing personal insights and knowledge, working through feelings of inner conflict or improving relationships with others.
Not sure about what you want to do?
- Labour Market Outlook 2020
- Labour Market Outlook 2025
- Occupational Profiles and Career Planning
- LMI Works (Provincial Post-Secondary Offerings List)
- Careers NL
- Council of Marine Professional Associates (COMPASS)
- Apprenticeship Information
- Career Planning
- Memorial University
- Marine Institute
- Memorial University Grenfell Campus
- College of the North Atlantic
- Private Training Institutions
- Canadian Armed Forces
- RCMP Recruitment
- RNC Recruiting
- Canadian Coast Guard
Helpful Post-Secondary Education Information
Financing Your Education
Welcome to the Study Tips Page. Browse through the following resources to get assistance to help you ace your exams!
First of all, have you planned your high school course program? If not take a look at the
Course Handbook for Grade 9 Students and Parents
Understand about Preparing for and Writing exams
Preparing and Writing Tests
- Survival Strategies for Taking Tests
- General Test Tips
- Test Preparation
- Multiple Choice Tests
- How to Take a Multiple-Choice Test
- Taking Multiple Choice Exams
- Multiple Choice Test Taking Tips
Improve your ability to study!
General Study Tips
Time Management is key to success in High School. Do you effectively manage your time?
- Top Ten Skills for High-School Students
- Time Management
- 8 Ways to Control Your Time
- How to Manage Your Time wisely as a High School Student
Do you need specific help in Math or Writing? Take a look at the following resources.
- Homework Centre : Writing Skills
- How to Write a Book Report (Middle and High School level)
- Write an Essay
- Hot Subjects: Fractions, Decimals, Integers...
- Basic Math, Algebra, Study Skills, Math Anxiety and Learning Styles
- Math League Help Topics
Tutorials for Various Courses
Gender Identity and Gender Expression or MyGSA.ca
Newfoundland Post - Secondary Schools
- MUN St. John’s
- MUN Grenfell
- College of the North Atlantic (CNA)
- Marine Institute
Bursary / Awards
All NL students/schools have been given an activation code to access the MyBlueprint site. Please check at your school level for the login information or contact the CDLI guidance counselor for the information.
Prepare for a Job
Search for a Job
Teachers are essential members of a students' educational team. During their high school years, Canadian youth spend more time in school than anywhere else outside of their homes; therefore, it is of vital importance that teachers become comfortable with, and gain a deeper understanding of mental health literacy and mental disorders. As advocates, teachers support their students in many ways as they navigate through secondary school and beyond. This page contains information and links to resources which will help teachers best help their students.
* Please check News for upcoming Events. These live sessions are by invite.