The Picton War Memorial was originally constructed in 1920 in memory of the veterans who died in the Great War (1914-1918). In 1950 it was re-dedicated to honor the veterans who died in World War II (1939-1945). Later a tribute to the Veterans of the Korean War (1950-1953) was added to the Memorial.
The inscription on the Memorial reads:
On the three sides of the Memorial are the names of those killed in the Great War under the name of the municipality from which they came. On the back of the column are the names of battles. On the base of the Memorial on the right side is the inscription:
"In Memory of the Men of
who Fought and Fell
in the Great War"
The Armistice Day Services were always held at the
Picton War Monument. However in the past few years, due to poor weather conditions and aging
Veterans, the services have taken place in the United Church. If the weather is acceptable, the service is halted after the Reveille is sounded, and Parade to the Monument where wreaths are laid. At the end of the ceremony, the parade continues down Main Street to the Legion Hall. If the weather is poor, the wreaths are laid in the Church and later placed at the Memorial by Legionnaires.