|Port Mouton, Nova Scotia
The Port Mouton Soldiers Monument is located on the South Side of Highway #3 at the
Eastern outskirts of the village of Port Mouton, nine kilometres West of Liverpool.
It was erected in 1920 by the area citizens. It is estimated to be sixteen feet in
height, and is constructed of polished white marble.
The pinnacle of the monument is a Latin Cross with a Halo. The Halo refers to
eternity, while the cross refers to Holiness.
The names of the six soldiers killed in action or missing are listed on the front of the
Pedestal. The twenty one names of those who served overseas are shown on the left and
right sides of the Pedestal.
On the rear surface are listed the names of three soldiers who served during the 1939 -
1945 World War. Because of the colour of the stone, it is not possible to read the
inscriptions of the names of the soldiers unless viewed from close up.
The care and maintenance of the monument is currently the responsibility of the local
Legion, Mersey Branch 038, Liverpool, Nova Scotia.