|Brooklyn, Nova Scotia
Erected in 1967, by the Brooklyn Women's Institute to honour those who lost their lives
The gray granite Brooklyn Monument was a 1976 Canada Centennial project. Having been
moved from its original location of Highway #3 adjacent to Bowater Mersey Paper Mill, it
is now located on the grounds of the First Brooklyn Cemetery (1840 - 1930).
Inscribed on the monument is:
"TO THOSE WHO SERVED THEIR COUNTRY IN TIME OF
"THEY GAVE THEIR TODAY FOR OUR TOMORROW"